Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 8

Eight straight days of golf that involved some stress and some nerves. I was worried whether I would make it to Palm Springs in time for my Tuesday start. I was also worried about my golf clubs making it in time. In the end everything was great and it was a blast to do nothing but play golf for these past 8 days.

Pre-Qualifying/.5 Stage/1st Leg-Of-My-Fed-Ex-Cup is over. I easily advance with a final round 73. It looks like I could’ve shot an 80 today and still made it through. My goal obviously wasn’t to shot that 80. In fact, I really wanted to shoot under par and it looked like I was going to do that until an atrocious decision on 17 lead to a triple bogey. I was standing over the ball thinking that I need more club, but I was too anxious to make the switch. I hit the 7-iron and it never had a chance to clear the water.

The other 17 holes were very solid. Just what you would want when the only preventing you from advancing is a blow up round. I hit every fairway but one and had great birdie chances on the 10 of the last 11 holes. It’s obvious that I wasn’t able to make many of those. I was very tentative with my stroke through 11 holes, but then I remembered to keep my head down and every putt from there on in was very close to dropping in.

Ballstriking: 44
Putting: 27
Penalty Strokes: 2 (both on #17)


Thanks to all those friends who called to wish me good luck or to just see how things were going. Also, thanks to those who were checking this website all week to see how I played.

Final Leaderboard
Final Stats

My next event will be 1st Stage of Q-School. That will be in 3 or 4 weeks. I will find out where I need to go in about a week.

Neil

No comments: