Saturday, September 15, 2007

2 Rounds, +3, 145

Round/Day 2 went better than yesterday. I shot even par 71, but I didn’t get everything out of my round. In fact, there haven’t been too many rounds this summer where I’ve gotten everything out of the round. I hit the ball way too good to only shoot 71 this morning. My putting is what has held me back all summer and it’s something about the 10-20 foot putts. I feel good about my putting stroke, but it doesn’t felt like I can make anything.

Starting on number 15 of round 1 through number 14 of round 2 I hit the ball as well as I have all summer. I only missed a few fairways in that stretch of 18 holes and only missed 2 greens. In that stretch I only played 4-under par and that includes 3 2-putt birdies. Basically I only made on putt for birdie outside of 5 feet. There was also a three putt in there.

So with one more round to go in Nebraska, I hope to figure out the greens and make some putts on Sunday. The greens are probably the fastest I’ve played all year, but they roll so smoothly that it should be easier to make putts. I just think I’m misreading every putt; mainly over-reading every putt.

Ballstriking: 40
Putting: 31

Round 2 results (I'm at 145)

Neil

No comments: