Saturday, September 08, 2007

Back to Playing in the CVGA

The final tournament of the 2007 CVGA began today. I shot a 3-under 69 and find myself 4 shots behind the leader.

Ballstriking: 42
Putting: 27

Troy Shea, who is a member at the golf course we played, shot a 7-under 65. I'm tied with one other guy at 69 and then a group of people are at 70, 71, and 72.

My hope for Sunday is to get of to a good start so Troy feels a bit of pressure. We're playing in a two-some so it will almost have the feel of a match play round. I don't want to think like that because I'm tied with Jason Allen at 69 and he won this tournament last year. Additionally, there are several good players one, two, or three shots behind me.

I play at 11:20 on Sunday and I'm very optimistic about my chances. I definately gave this tournament away last year. I had it in my hands and I couldn't finish the round. All summer I've been talking about how my game is in a different spot than a year ago and tomorrow will be a great time to prove it.

I won't be able to post on Sunday or on Monday so to see results check of the CVGA website.

Neil

No comments: