Thursday, September 20, 2007

Stress Free Golf is Nice

Today was a nearly flawless ballstriking day. The stats will only show it being a mediocre round, but I was only in trouble once during the round. Look at my scorecard and you’ll figure out that one hole was #7. Besides that hole, I had birdie putts on 14/17 holes.

It wasn’t until #9 that I felt good about my swing. I had 89 yards to the pin. I eased off of my gap wedge because the shot was into a stiff 15 mph breeze. It landed within 10 feet and I made the putt for birdie. On the back nine, I missed one green (#10) and that was because I tried to hit a wedge way too far. The last 8 holes, I had 7 putts inside of 20 feet and was only able to make 2. For some reason I had my mind set on the greens being faster so I left everything short.

Friday is the final round. I start at 8:40.

Going back to yesterday’s post, I would not have been penalized for hitting the wrong ball as long as I was 100% sure I hit my ball first.

Round 1 – Ballstriking: 43 Putting: 30 Penalty Strokes: 2
Round 2 – Ballstriking: 43 Putting: 30 Penalty Strokes: 1
Round 3 – Ballstriking: 41 Putting: 30 Penalty Strokes: 1

Hole-by-Hole Stats
Course Stroke Avg
Leaderboard
Neil

No comments: