Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Unsuccessful at Qualifying for US Open

Today was a bad day on the golf course. I never found a rhythm in my golf swing and found myself missing a lot of greens. The course was set up to a high degree of difficulty with every tee box all the way back and a majority of the pins in the toughest spots on the green. Considering how bad I hit the ball, it wouldn't have mattered how the course was set up. For those who are curious, I shot a 79. Unfortunately my attempt to qualify for the US Open ends here. I guess I'll have to cheer for Michelle Wie to make it instead of me.

On a very sad note, my Grandpa passed away on Sunday. He was 80 years old and was a wonderful Grandpa. There is no doubt that my Grandpa was my biggest golf fan and I know that because nobody visited this website more than him. He kept a copy of my schedule in his wallet and always knew where I was playing. I played a lot of golf with my Grandpa and enjoyed the little 9-hole golf course up in Wadena, MN. His funeral is Thursday and there is a nice video tribute to his life on the funeral home's website. Click this link to read his obituary and then click the "video tribute" link to watch a video. I'll share a few more stories about my Grandpa later in the week.

Neil

One more note to Jerry: thanks for coming out to watch today. Sorry my group didn't hit any good shots while you were there. We were trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neil - no problem on not hitting any good shots while I was there. I'm going to assume that you were saving them all for the LaSalle Bank Classic!

- Jerry