Saturday, May 13, 2006

First Round Finally Complete

After two days of patiently waiting we finally got onto the golf course and played. It was still a cold day and we got rained on throughout the day, but it was much better than what Thursday and Friday were like.

I played well on Saturday and shot a 71. I hit the ball great and only found myself in trouble a few times. I didn’t make as many putts as I would’ve liked, but I’ll remain patient and wait for them to start dropping. The last thing I want to do is start trying to force the putts into the hole.

The other two guys in my group played well too. We all fed off each other’s good shots. One of the guys I played with was Ian Hessels. He’s originally from Stillwater, MN and he shot a 69. The other guy, David Suggs, also shot a 69.

I tee off at 8:33 Sunday morning and that will be the final round. I’ll update tomorrow evening.

Neil

No comments: