Friday, May 19, 2006

Horribly Frustrating Day

I was hoping for something so much better. I was expecting something so much better, but today was a struggle. Starting on number 10 I failed to take advantage of some early opportunities and some good shots that I hit. Despite making a bad triple bogey on my 5th hole, I made the turn at +3 with a belief that I would make some birdies and get back to even par. Unfortunately I couldn't stay focused and hit too many loose shots. I finished with a 77.

The two guys I played with also missed the cut. As a group we struggled to get some momentum. Last week, in Chicago, my group was able to feed off one another and hit a lot of good shots. This week, we were looking for each others balls in the trees and nobody made any birdie putts of any length.

Next week, I'm near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

My Grandpa's funeral was Thursday and I'd like to share one story about him that deals with this website. For the readers that have checking this website for a couple of months, you may remember a poll that I conducted. I had changed the look of my website and wanted to know whether or not people liked the new look or if it was too hard to read with a dark background. I kept the poll up for about two weeks and there were no limits as to how many times somebody could vote. In true "American Idol" fashion, my Grandpa tried to stuff the ballots box by voting at least once a day. His vote was for "No, it's difficult to read because of the dark background" and turns out he was the only one to vote that way. He voted that way 10 times and at one point there were 13 votes for "Yes, it's great" and 10 for my Grandpa's choice (the poll ended up 22-10). I looked into changing the background color because obviously my Grandpa had a strong feeling that he didn't like the new look, but unfortunately I couldn't find a shade of blue or gray that was easier to read while not being too bright.

I talk more from Pittsburgh. Until then, expect to see a few changes in the website. I plan to explain a little more about my travels and what it's like to live out of a car.

Take Care,
Neil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ilike your blog and I also like the blog of your friend jake that you link to. I have a golf blog at:

https:/~