Thursday, May 11, 2006

Round One Postponed

Round One was postoned because of weather. They didn't even begin play this morning. The course took on too much water throughout the night and with a forecast of "rain all-day" the officials didn't want to try and get started. Let's hope this bad weather blows through by Friday, but the forecast really didn't look good for the rest of the week. I don't mind the bad weather, but if the greens have standing water on them, then the course is not playable.

My first round is set to begin on Friday afternoon at about 1pm. I haven't officially heard if the tournament has been changed to a 54-hole event or if they are still going to try and get in 72 holes. The website says round one is "postponed" or "suspended" until Friday. One employee at the golf course told me round one has been "cancelled". Three different words to discribed one thing and they all mean something different in regards to rest of the weekend. That's enough semantics from me. I'm just here to play golf, not give an english lesson.

Enjoy this lovely May weather. I can see that it's not any warmer back home in River Falls or in the Twin Cities.

Neil

No comments: