Sunday, May 14, 2006

Round Two & Final Round

Today was a good day. I shot a 2-under 70. I hit the ball fantastic and gave myself tons of chances at birdies. For the day, I hit 17 greens. The only one I missed was in a bunker and I got that up-and-down for a par. My bogey was a three putt and the double bogey was a 2 shot penalty that I incurred because I played the ball from the wrong position. Unfortunately I accidentally moved the ball when I was trying to tap in my par putt on #15. After making the ball move an inch I tapped that into the hole. What I should've done was replace the ball and tap it in from the original position. I still would've been assessed a one shot penalty, but I would've made a 5 instead of a 6. I guess I'll learn a lesson from this, but it certainly put a little different spin on an otherwise fabulous round. These two rounds were my first two rounds under par as a pro (that might sound wrong, but it's true) and I should get a CHECK for finishing at 3-under par.


Once again my group played well. Ian Hessels shot 67. David Suggs also shot 67.

From here, I'm traveling up to Hartford, Wisconsin for the US Open Qualifying. I play on Tuesday at 8:20. Here's some information on the golf course and the tournament. After that, I'll travel to South Bend, Indiana for the next Hooter's Tour event.

Neil

No comments: