Thursday, May 18, 2006

Round One in Indiana

I battled the elements and fought a bad swing today to finish with a 72. It was very windy throughout the day and at times it was very cold and some other times it was actually raining. For the first 12 holes I hit my irons awful, but I was able to get up and down for pars several times and I took advantage of the 2 reachable par 5s on the front side. The last few holes I hit the irons better and gave myself chances at birdie. I finished the day with my best drives (17 and 18) as well as my 2 best approach shots. I hope to continue those good shots tomorrow when I tee off at 1:15.

Right now the forecast looks good for the rest of the week. I'm sick of bringing all my rain gear, hats, and gloves along with. It'd be nice to know that no rain is in the forecast.

Check out the rest of the leaderboard, here.

An interesting fact about one of the guys I played with today. After graduating high school in 1995, he played 5 years of minor league baseball. He was a pitcher and was able to max out around 95 mph. Unfortunately he threw out his elbow and had to quit, but he is the third former minor league baseball player that I've played with on the Hooters Tour. The other two, Barry Roof and John Kimbell played shortstop and 3rd base respectively. At this pace I'll have played with every position by the end of the summer. Just ask around and the Hooters Tour could put together quite an impressive pick up game.

Neil

No comments: