Saturday, June 17, 2006

Two Day Nightmare

Thursday and Friday were like some horrible nightmare that I could not wake up from. I thought taking Wednesday off wouldn't hurt my game, but it was like Alberto came into town and left with my golf game. Most of the time it felt like I was playing with left handed clubs, or that I would have been better off with left handed clubs. On Thursday, I hit one good golf shot and a handful of decent shots. The rest weren't up to Dorf's standard.

Friday began with some good shots and a good birdie on #2; I hit 4 consecutive good shots to make birdie. Another solid birdie on #6 had me feeling much better about my game. From #8 until the end, my game returned to it's form of Thursday. My driver was hitting balls into the trees and my long irons were missing the greens by 15 yards. It was an ugly couple of days and not any fun.

To top things off I've had some trouble at my hotel. First off, the A/C didn't work in my room so I switched rooms. It's been near 90 degrees so I would've melted had I not switched. The continental breakfast wasn't set up the first three mornings. My room is non-smoking, but next door is a smoking room so the smoke filters in through the door. Last, but not least, the pool. The hotel's outdoor pool isn't open yet and you can see why: Foam on top of Pool Bucket in Pool To swim in that, I'll need one of these.

I'm taking a couple days off and hoping to return to the game with my normal golf swing. On Monday, I'll be up in Bethesda, Maryland playing Congressional County Club with Cody Smith. Cody is from River Falls and he's working at Congressional this summer. After that, it's down to Greenville, North Carolina for next week's tourney.

One more note: Congrats to Tyler Obermueller for finishing runner-up at the Wisconsin State Match Play.

My Scorecard
Leaderboard

Tune in next week - same bat time, same bat channel

No comments: