Friday, June 23, 2006

Need More Birdies

Another day where I hit the ball well, but didn't get the score I was looking for. I played the par 5's better, but not the -3 that I was hoping for. On three of the par 5's I was within 25 yards of the pin after two shots, but failed to get it up and down for a birdie. That's what we in the golf business call missed opportunities.

On #13 I was just short of the green in two and chipped up and over a bunker to within 8 feet of the cup. My putt slowly rolled along the left edge of the hole, but didn't fall in. On the next hole, my approach shot trickled onto the fringe and I was left with a 20 foot birdie putt. Once again my putt crawled along the left edge of the hole this time lipping out and stopping just on the far edge. The rest of the holes I pushed a little to hard trying to make up for my missed putts.

By the end of the day I had four bogies and the rest pars. Now, I will be driving home. Good thing it's a short 21 hour drive home. I can taste Luigi's Pizza already. Thankfully I gain the shortest hour of my life back as I drive home so it's really only like 20 hours.

Leaderboard
My Scorecard

Neil

No comments: