Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Trivia Time Is Over.......Let's Play Golf

Well, way to go Brent. I didn't even get a chance to give any hints. Brent's prize? There is no prize, but he does gain the satisfaction of ruining the fun for everybody else. The man in the red shirt was Corey Pavin and he played with Lee Westwood in the group in front of me on Monday. They were both playing a practice round because next Monday they will try to qualify for the British Open.

I saw several other PGA Tour member besides those two:

Frank Lickliter II
Cameron Beckman
Bill Haas
Charles Warren
Charley Hoffman
Jonathan Byrd
John Senden

They were all out the getting ready for Monday.

As for my tournament this week, I begin Thursday afternoon at 1:42. I've practiced very hard this week and have seen some improvement in my ball striking. Wednesday morning I got to the range and hit balls for about 30 minutes before an official asked me if I would play in the Pro-Am that began earlier that morning. Another pro golfer had to drop out so I filled in for him on the last 10 holes. It was a scramble format, but I hit the ball really well and made a few putts to help out the team. After the pro-am I could see a thunderstorm moving in so I went back to the hotel to rest for a few hours. Bad weather moved in and after it cleared out I returned to the course to continue practicing. I hit balls on the range for about an hour and then went to the putting green for about 30 minutes. With all the work I put into the physical part of my game this week I'm excited to see how well it pays off this week.

I've done work on the mental side of my game too. Instead of worrying about every shot I hope to have more fun on the course this week and just hit each shot the best I can. After all, it's not life or death out there; it's just golf.

It's going to be warm this week so I drink plenty of water and sit in the shade when I can.

Brook Valley Country Club

Neil

No comments: