Sunday, August 30, 2009

Title TBD

Wasn't sure what to call this post. One option was, "From the Outhouse to the Penthouse". Another was, "Ugly Duckling".

My final round at the North Dakota State Open was not bogey free. Ten minutes into my round I had a bogey. If it wasn't for two phenomenal flop shots on #4 and #7 I would've bogies those two holes, just like I did the 1st hole. I made the turn at +1, 37 - only 4 greens hit in regulation and only 3 fairways hit.

I hit my drive in the trees on #10, didn't chip it out to the fairway, hit it over the green, chunked a chip, then two putted for a double bogey. After exchanging a birdie and a bogey on #11 and #13, I was 3 over par on #15. I hit another poor iron shot and missed the green on 15, but hit a great chip out of a horrible lie and saved a par.

It was on #16 tee that I found some magic. I nearly drove #16 and chipped to 1 foot for a birdie. I hit a 330 yard drive on 17 and got it up and down for another birdie. Finally on #18, I hit another 330 yard drive, then hit my wedge to 15 feet, and made the putt for my third straight birdie.

15 holes of barely hitting the club face and I end the round with 3 birdies to finish T-4th. On #15, I was 4-under par and in about 20th place. After 3 consecutive birdies, I moved up to a $2600 payday - instead of $1200!

When I see a results page, I'll link to it.

Neil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice work Neil...I think
-Rossi