Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful

After finishing in Yankton, I drove to Kansas City. Most of Iowa was construction and one lane traffic. Then most of Missouri/Kansas was strong thunderstorms. I spent the night in Kansas City and drove three hours to Springfield, MO monday morning. One hour into my drive I ran into some more strong thunderstorms. I thought about turning around and starting my drive to Rapid City - my thinking was that I wouldn't even get to play in Springfield. However, at the time the storms were all north of Springfield and maybe they would slide by.

They did not. When I showed up to the golf course, all the players had been pulled off because of incoming storms. That was 2 1/2 hours ago. I left the course because it's boring standing around the clubhouse. I'm now sitting in a Panera Bread restaurants, eating a bagel, and waiting to see if the weather turns around. It doesn't look like it will.

I've never had a Nationwide monday qualifier get rained out. I'm not sure if they push it back to Tuesday. Perhaps they just cancel the whole thing. Either way, it is very likely that I'll be driving to Rapid City at some point this afternoon. I don't think I can wait until Tuesday to try and make it.

Summer schedule has been ** UPDATED ** It now has stroke average, total money won, and cumulative under/over par on the bottom.


Neil

No comments: