Sunday, August 09, 2009

Hillcrest Invite Final Day

Didn't get much going on Sunday. I managed a mini run of birdies on 14, 15, and 16. I ended with a 69 and finished T13. I beat Jesus by 3 strokes!

At times this week I hit great iron shots and made some great putts. But those moments only lasted for a few holes, never an entire round. This golf course has really small greens and most of the holes are lined with pines trees and tall oak trees. I never seem to get into a comfortable rhythm because of the claustrophobic feeling I get from the small greens and large trees.

Somehow, I was able to score consistent all weekend. My nine holes totals were as follows:

36, 33, 35, 36, 36, 34, 35, 34

For the second straight tournament, I found myself on the unlucky draw for tee-times. First off, I had an afternoon tee time on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday - half of the pros only had 2 rounds in the afternoon. By far the worst times to be playing were Thursday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. It rained for about 9 holes during my Thursday round and the wind was brutal on Saturday.

Amazingly 15 guys from each wave made the cut, but it certainly seemed way less equal. Allright, enough complaining about tee times. It's just luck of the draw.

Neil

No comments: