Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hillcrest Invitational 1st Rd

Rainy afternoon in Yankton, but I stayed relatively dry and shot a 69 - 3 under par. I made all 4's on the front side (birdied the par 5, bogied the par 3). On the back nine I birdied one of the par 5's and one of the par 3's. My only bogey on the back side was a 3 putt, where I got too aggressive with the first putt and rolled it 5 feet past.

The exciting part of my round was the last hole. Number 18 is a drivable par 4 - it was only playing 290 yards on Thursday. The wind was at my back so I didn't even have to hit a full driver to reach the green. There were about 100 people gathered behind the green checking out the leaderboard, drinking, and watching people play the 18th hole. I hit my drive to 10 feet, but it rolled right by the hole. Somebody at the green was calling for it to go in!

I made the putt to finish with an eagle and a 69.

Second round is Friday morning. The weather forecast is for more thunderstorms - especially in the morning. Hopefully the rain holds off.

When I see some results, I'll link to them. Lot's of results there. It would take too long to explain every game that is scored in this tournament.

Neil

No comments: