Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Good Day (despite what the score was)

Hello All,

Looking at the score, you might not think today was a good day, but it was. I hit a lot of good shots. It's just unfortunate that my bad shots and my mistakes blew up into really big mistakes. I did struggle with putting today, not making many putts. Overall I felt very cautious on the greens. The greens are slow and bumpy and my putting stroke isn't quite in mid-season form. I didn't make anything over 15 feet so despite feeling good about hitting the ball, I wasn't rewarded or able to take advantage of the good shots.

I saved my round on number 17 when I holed my shot from 110 yards. My second shot actually flew right into the hole and stayed there. It destroyed part of the cup and made me feel much better about my round. The next hole, 18, I hit my drive through the fairway and into a hazard. It was a dried up creek so I hacked my next shot through some branches, under a tree, and up onto the green. I two-putted from 25 feet to finish with a 77.

I play late on Friday so I won't update until after 9pm. You can wait until I update, or check the scores here.

Thanks for all the emails and phone calls. I appreciate all of my friends and family cheering me on.

Neil
Scorecard for Round 1
Leaderboard for entire Tournament

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil,

Not a bad start, but from what it sounds like great finish. Good luck tomarrow. You know what to do just go out and do it.

-Travis