Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Friend in Need

Hello Family and Friends,

On a sad note, one of my friends from Gustavus had an accident and was seriously injured last week. Thankfully he's been improving each day and he is responsive and alert.

Jake was a teammate of mine on the golf team at Gustavus. He is one year older and works down in Arizona as an Assistant Golf Pro. Jake was a great teammate. He worked his butt of to make the varsity team his senior year and helped us have one of the best spring season's in school history. Jake was always helpful and supportive. I can't even count all of the times that he gave me a ride to the golf course. Last fall, while in Arizona Jake helped me out of a jam and let me play golf at the golf course he works at.

For those of you reading this that know Jake, you probably already knew what happened. In case you weren't notified about his website, here is a link. Keep Jake in your thoughts and prayers so that his health continues to improve and that he makes a full recovery.

As for me, I've played the course the past two days and really like it. It's a great layout. It isn't in very good shape, but overall it's a really nice golf course. It's has everything: a short par 3, 4, and 5, and a long par 3, 4, and 5. Tomorrow will be more practice. There is a pro-am so I won't play until late afternoon.

Final Thing:

For those of you who have subscribed to my website, have you received any emails notifiying you that my website's changed? There may be a problem with the subscriptions so let me know if you've gotten the emails.

Neil
Jake Sand's Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today in the tournament!