Friday, April 14, 2006

36 Holes.......1 Birdie......2 Eagles!?!?

Yes, that's true. It's sad, but somehow I made more eagles than I did birdies. I like the 2 eagles, but only 1 birdie in 36 holes is horrible. Especially since I had plenty of chances. I never felt comfortable on the greens and never took advantage of my good shots by making putts longer than 10 feet. I was too worried about the speed of the green (or lack there of) and the bumpiness of them. That prevented me from making solid strokes. One good thing about my putting was that on the greens that were smooth, I made putts. Just goes to show you how your mind can get in the way of making a good putting stroke.

Besides the putting I struggled with my tee shots today. I needed to hit my 3 wood and Driver better to day if I wanted to score better. When I did find the fairway, I hit good approach shots and had opportunities to make birdies.

The score was better than yesterday so I hope to take the positives from today and this week and use them next week.

I will talk to you next from McCormick, South Carolina. Until then, have a nice weekend.

Neil
My Scorecard

No comments: