Saturday, October 29, 2005

PGA Q-School Final Day

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I left the course right away to return the rental car and once I got to the airport I had some problems. I got there around 3:30 with a scheduled flight at 8:00, but that flight got cancelled. Luckily I got put on an earlier flight and got home much earlier. I had planned on updating at the airport, but with the earlier flight I had no time.

The final round was a frustrating one and I'm sure if you looked at my hole-by-hole scores you know why. I started on 10 and got off to a great start. I then had a nice run on 16-1 where I made 4 straight birdies. I was just hitting the greens and giving myself birdie chances, but on my 12th hole I hit some horrible shots and made a 9. Don't ask me how I got a nine because I'll just tell you that I tapped in. Just kidding. The hole has some overhanging branches up the right side of the fairway. I hit one and my ball dropped down into the fairway, but 230 yards from the green. I then proceeded to shank two balls into the woods on the right. It was a disastrous hole and really took all the momentum I had built up throughout the day. I tried to finish well, but it's tough to stay focused after making a quintuple bogey.

Since I didn't advance to 2nd Stage I will spend next summer on the Hooters Tour. My next tournament will be the Ranking School for Hooters Tour. I'm already a member of the tour, but this tournament will give me a ranking number to determine when I begin playing. If I finish high I will begin early in the season, but the worse that I finish means the later I start. No matter what happens I will be playing the Hooters Tour by next June. That tournament begins November 15 (once again in Houston). Until then I'll just spend my time practicing and correcting what went wrong this past week.

Thanks again for all the support and messages all week. I wish I had hit the ball better to give myself a chance, but that's the struggle of golf. Have a great weekend and keep checking for updates.

Neil

No comments: