Monday, October 24, 2005

Travelling to Houston

Hello Family and Friends,

I made it to Houston safely and have had two days to practice and get ready for q-school. I've played the course twice and spent plenty of time on the putting green and range. Overall, I like the course. It's not very long and since the fairways are firm, it will play even shorter. However, the greens are very fast and have a lot of slippery slopes in them. Putting will definately be the deciding factor because if you're not careful, every putt can get away from you and leave you with a long comeback. The weather has been perfect so far so I hope that trend continues. It was pretty windy today and I would love to feel that wind each day.

I begin Tuesday morning at 10:20 am (central time). I will update this again tomorrow night with my first day results. You can also check them at the PGA website:

www.qualifyingtournament.com

Please feel free to send me a good luck note or simply send me good vibes all week. Take care,

Neil Johnson
mrneiljohnson@hotmail.com

No comments: