Thursday, October 27, 2005

PGA Q-School Day 3

Another 74, but this one was far worse than the one on day two. I played very poorly today and got very lucky to not shoot worse than this. Despite finishing well the second day and feeling good about starting out today I could not find a golf swing today. I was hitting it everywhere and struggling with my short game. Somehow I hit the ball decent on the last 6 holes and had good birdie chances on all of those holes. Does that mean I'm set for tomorrow? Who knows. I hope I'll show up to the golf course with a swing that I can trust, but that hasn't been the case the last few days. It may be another rough start that leaves me correcting things on the course. I certainly hope not because I would like to finish with a good round. Either way, I'll grind out something and enjoy the experience.

One good thing about today is that my playing partners were great. One was from Kiwi and the other was from Chile. I found myself struggling with their accents all day, but it was fun to talk about three different parts of the world. They didn't know much about Wisconsin, just like I didn't know much about Kiwi or Chile. Hugo (from Chile) had his Dad carrying the bag and they were constantly talking to each other in Spanish. He had a very quick temper and I'm pretty sure they had a few arguments about what club to hit and how much the putt would break. A few times after missing a putt, Hugo's dad mumbled under his breath. I have no idea what he was saying, but I don't think it was anything encouraging.

Thanks for all the support this week. I hope to finish strong and then safely return to Phoenix. I've had enough of Houston and all their talk about what they needed to win the World Series. That's all I've heard on the radio.

One more time, here's the link to follow the results:

www.qualifyingtournament.com

Neil

No comments: