Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Final Stage Practice Rounds

The past 2 days have been practice rounds for the final stage of Asian Tour Q-School.  The tournament has about 250 players.  Everybody will play one round on Imperial Lakeview Course (which I played last week) and one round on Springfield Royal GC, then the field will be cut to low 100 and ties.  The final 2 rounds will be played at Springfield.

I've spent the practice rounds at Springfield getting accustomed to the new course.  It has much better greens, with way less grain, but still quite a bit.  Overall, it's in better shape that the course I played last week, but it is a little bit tougher layout.  It has several elevated greens and is a little bit longer.

I'm going to keep this post short because I'm going to spend the afternoon resting.  The past 3 days have been the hottest since we got here.  Sunday we relaxed and spent time at the beach.  Jumping in the ocean helped cool things down, but Monday and Tuesday were spent on the course practicing and the heat/humidity wore me out.

My first round tee time is Wednesday at 11:35 am local time - 10:35 pm Wisconsin, 9:35 Arizona.

Neil

No comments: