Friday, January 18, 2013

Asian Tour 3rd Round - 1st Stage


Wow, today was a really tough day with lots of wind and equally tough pin locations. Almost every down wind hole had a front pin and lots of other pins were in spots where you'd easily find yourself with a treacherous downhill, down wind, down grain putt - very fast!

I battled all day and made some great putts on the back nine, two 20 footers for birdie and one 15 footer for par. My one over par, 73, gained ground on the field. Unfortunately I made a few bad mistakes which kept this round from being really good, but on a day as windy as today, a few swings will get away from you. I was just able to limit them to only a handful and I made up for them with those nice putts.

Tomorrow is the final round. My tee time is 8:50 local time, early evening in the US, but I won't finish until sometime after midnight. The forecast says more wind, which has been the case this entire week.

Neil

No comments: