Thursday, March 11, 2010

Winter Series #8 - 1st and 2nd Round

Looks like I made the cut - but just barely. On Wednesday, my first round was an ugly one. I only hit a handful of truly solid shots, but I managed to shoot 73. In round 2 I hit the ball much better, with nearly 2 dozen solid shots! However, hitting it 400% times better than day 1, I only shot 2 strokes better.

Tough to explain that if you haven't played a lot of golf, but most golfers understand that scoring has nothing to do with how well you hit the ball.

During the 2nd round I was only in trouble twice, but I made a bogey and a double bogey on those holes. The other 16 holes were really positive. I had plenty of quality birdie chances, but couldn't convert many because the greens have become very fast and firm. I found myself hitting a great approach shot into the green, only to be left with a quick, downhill, sliding putt - not one you can get aggressive with.

Leaderboard

Neil

No comments: