Thursday, March 04, 2010

Winter Series #7 - Second Round

Now that was anything but a ho-hum second round. The perfect weather I mentioned yesterday changed into a breezy afternoon. We had steady winds around 20 mph and gusts reaching 35 mph. Despite the difficulty, I got off to a great start. Missed my first green long, but chipped it in. Made a good birdie on the short par-4, 14. Made a 18 foot birdie putt on #15 and made a 15 foot birdie putt on #17. A par on 18 and I made the turn at 4-under par. Biggest difference from round one was putting. I only made 60 feet worth of putts in round one. During round 2, I made 90 feet of putts (including the chip-in) on my front nine alone.

After my great front nine, I birdied #3 to reach 5-under. After that I stalled out. I bogied #4 and #6, which were both really tough par-3s. On #8, I was in the middle of the fairway and made a terrible swing, missing the green left and failing to get up and down.

It felt good to play a good second round. It's been 2 months since I scored better on day 2 than I did on day 1.

Final round is Friday morning. Leaderboard

Neil

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Go get 'em in the final round