Saturday, March 06, 2010

Winter Series #7 - Final Round

Probably not a surprise to anybody who follows my blog, but I forgot to post yesterday after my final round. There is a pattern to my absences. They are directly related to how well I play. If I played well, I don't forget to post. However, if I struggle - like I did on Friday - my blog conveniently "slips" my mind. I apologize for that. It's a horrible excuse because I do enjoy keeping my family and friends up to date.

As for Friday's final round - it was a poor performance. Only one birdie and it didn't come until the 17th hole (which on a side note, I birdied all three days!). One of my problems was my tee ball. I had been very accurate through the first two rounds, but in round three I started pulling my tee shots left and finding trouble. I managed to save pars on #1, #6, #7, and #8 with pulled tee shots. A pulled tee shot cost me a bogey on #13 and that was one of the easiest holes all week - and I played it +2.

I finally fix that mistake and hit the ball really well the last 4 holes, but it was too late to make a serious comeback.

Leaderboard

Neil

1 comment:

Brad Johnson said...

Hi Neil! I don't think anyone wants to come home and write about it after a less than stellar day at the office, but thanks for keeping us up to date. I really enjoy following your progress!