Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yankton, SD - Hillcrest Invitational

I finished T-16th at Marshall. Shot a second straight 70 in the final round.

Over the weekend I played awful in the Minnesota State Open, but forgot all about it by Sunday afternoon.

Monday was a Nationwide Tour qualifier and I lost in a playoff. The playoff consisted of 8 guys for 2 spots. I bogied the first hole and was out of it. I played well to shoot a 69. The wind was really strong all day and that made the greens very fast; not to mention hitting the ball straight.

Because I failed in the playoff in Omaha, I travelled to Yankton, SD for the next Dakotas Tour event. Tuesday was another qualifier - this time much easier. Monday was 80 guys for 7 spots. Tuesday was 57 guys for 27 spots. I shot a 68 and easily made it. The playoff was at even par 72. That means I'll be in Yankton for the rest of the weekend. This is the biggest Dakotas Tour event and it's 4 rounds.

First round is Thursday.

Neil

No comments: