Saturday, July 05, 2008

Round 1 Bakker Crossing Pro-Am

I survived the first round. It was very windy today. Only 3 or 4 guys shot under par, which is extremely rare for the Dakotas Tour. This tour is usually about going as low as possible. Today, I shot 72 (one over par) and find myself in the top 15. I pared the last 10 holes.

I hit the ball very solid today. With as much wind as there was, any poorly struck shot would be blown a long ways off course.

In to the wind, I hit a 3-iron 170 yards. Down wind I hit a drive 380 yards. That kind of shows how dramatic the wind was. Toughest thing about the round was that 4 of the first 5 holes were dead into the wind. Many guys (including one in my group) got off to horrible starts and couldn't recover when they got to the down wind holes.

Everybody's talking about less wind tomorrow, but I don't believe it. This is South Dakota. There is nothing to stop the wind. The entire state is one big plain.

Neil

No comments: