Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catching Up

I'm behind on posts so I'll update you on my last few rounds. Going back to last weekend in Sioux Falls, I shot a 2 under 69 on the second day and finished T-7th. I won a skin that day so I made $1534.33.

On Wednesday I played in a one day pro-am in Okoboji, IA and shot a 76. Struggled on the greens all day and didn't come close to winning any money.

This weekend, I've been in Vermillion, SD playing the South Dakota State Open. Round 1 was on Friday and it was windy; much like last weekend - gusting to near 40 mph. I played really well and shot a 1 under 71. That put me in 19th place. I teed off at 1:50 and most of the 66's, 67's, and 68's were in the morning.

This morning, I caught a break with the weather. Very little wind starting out and I shot an opening nine 34 (2 under). Making the turn the wind was picking up very quickly. I eagled my 11th hole of the day, hitting an 8 iron into the par 5. The next par 5, which was also down wind, I hit a wedge into it and made an easy tap in birdie. Through 17 holes I was 5 under without a bogey and without a 5 on my scorecard. I played the 4 par 5's 5 under and parred every other hole. On number 9 I hit a great drive down the left side. The wind was blowing hard to the right, but the wind never moved my ball and my ball went under a tree and into long grass. I hacked it up by the green, but failed to get up and down. Nearly perfect through 17 holes and then bogey the last for a 68.

Final round is Sunday afternoon.

Dakota Tour results are found here

Neil

No comments: