Friday, September 08, 2006

CVGA Extravaganza

This website needs some music. It's become boring without it; at least for me. The continued talk about inconceivable mistakes that I've made on the golf course have left me slaphappy enough to take drastic measures. I only have three remaining tournaments before I:
  1. prepare myself for the winter off
  2. try to forget about the poor golf I've played this summer
  3. find some shred of optimism that I can carry over into the winter and next year
  4. continue my search for an alternative domicile (anybody who knows of an awesome place to rent that is cheap, let me know) [I'm also looking to buy, so send me options if you have heard of anything in the area] {the area being: Western Wisconsin, Eastern Suburbs of the cities, and maybe St. Paul}


Getting back to the drastic measures, I've begun recording some music and realize that I can't possibly "miss a cut" when playing the piano. While up in North Dakota for 9 days, I stayed at the same place every night; Brian and Connie Evenson's home. They were wonderful hosts and were more than happy to have me continue staying with them, just as long as I played their piano for them. I've always enjoyed playing for other people because I can tell they feel good just hearing the live music. I feel good hearing the music, but it's even funner to be making it yourself. Enough talk.

Follow this link and you'll find five recordings that I've uploaded to the internet. All of these songs are familiar songs so if you don't recognize them, I guess I need more practice. Once you've reached that website, you'll have two options:
  1. Listen to the music streaming from the internet (this is done in the small box located on the right side of the screen, below my name. Just press play)
  2. Download the songs and listen to them over and over again on your computer
I hope you enjoy the music because I've enjoyed recording it. There will be more in the near future.

Now back to the golf. I play in Eau Claire, Wisconsin this weekend. It is the CVGA Championship. Two rounds played at Hillcrest Country Club. Nice thing is that since Eau Claire is so close I don't have to drive more than an hour and I get to stay at home all weekend. Much better than a hotel on the road.

I've played many rounds there throughout high school and have several memories. One of those was during my sophomore year when my whole group got disqualified for breaking a rule and then disordely conduct. Not my finest day on a golf course, but I redemed myself the following year when the conference championship was held there. I shot under par and helped the team tie for a conference title. My individual score also helped me secure the first of two conference player of the year awards.

The maturity I gained from playing there my sophomore year to my junior year was very obvious and that is why I always enjoy going back there. If I hadn't grown up, I would've burnt out or never amounted to much more than a talented high school golfer. My wonderful high school coach helped me mature during that year, so Paul Meyer deserves much of the credit. I hope my good fortunes and good memories on Hillcrest grow by the end of the weekend.

I tee off at 9:44 on Saturday. Check back here for updates and scores

Remember to check out the music

Neil

No comments: