Friday, September 22, 2006

New Music Friday

Last weekend in Nebraska I got off to a good start, but played poorly the rest of the tournament. I shot a 70 in round one, but it was spread out over two days. After finishing round one on Saturday morning, I had a short break before beginning round two. After Saturday, I stood at 148 (70-78). On Sunday, I played ok through 11 holes, but played the last 7 holes 10 over par, finishing with an 82. And just to make things better, after playing that horrendously I had a 7.5 hour drive home! That's a fun way to conclude your weekend.

I choose not to play the event in Georgia. The primary decision was travel. If I didn't enjoy the 7.5 hour drive home from Nebraska, I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the 20 hour drive to Georgia and then the 21 hour drive from Georgia to River Falls.

Without the event in Georgia, I thought I was done for the year. That changed Thursday night. Friday afternoon I'll be playing in the Hillcrest Country Club Pro-Am. This time, Hillcrest Country Club is in St. Paul, not Eau Claire like it was a few weekends ago. I love Hillcrest Country Club (in St. Paul) because it's an old style course with wonderful greens and rolling fairways. Unfortunately if you look outside, you'll notice the weather isn't good weather to play golf in. I'll just put on my rain suit and enjoy the course.

As for the new music, I received some feedback after posting the other songs. I have several new songs and some new recordings of old songs. A change for this set of songs is that I'm playing saxophone on some of them. "Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea", "Over The Rainbow with Sax", and "Autumn Leaves with Sax" all have me playing the sax, playing piano, as well as recording the Bass, Guitar, and Flute parts.

"Danny Boy" and "Danny Boy 2" are the same songs, but different versions. The first is me playing an electric piano and the second playing a grand piano. Listening to both is a good example of how the sound of the piano makes a difference in the style I play. The electric piano has much more short notes that aren't connected where as the grand piano is much smoother (especially the 2nd time through the melody).

"Over The Rainbow with Sax" was recorded on the first take. There are a few mistakes early on, but I liked the rest of it so I didn't record another take.

Here's a link to the new music. This one's a link to the old music. Feel free to download the songs or just listen to them via the internet.

For those of you working today, have fun. I'm going to go catch a cold playing golf.

Neil

No comments: