Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wind Advisory

I woke up this morning at 5:30, took a shower, and checked the weather on my computer. The previous night I had checked the weather and it looked to be a nice day, but overnight a gigantic fan was turned on and directed at Dakota Winds Golf Club. The weather forecast looked like this:




At 5:45 the wind was already gusting to 18 mph and there was a wind advisory for the entire state of North Dakota. Further investigating, I came across this:



That informed me that the winds will increase to 30 mph with gusts nearing 50 mph. I really enjoyed the second to last sentence. "Winds this strong can make driving difficult...". They should've continued that sentence with ...putting impossible, chipping frustrating, and walking exhausting.

After two days of playing in these windy conditions, my face looks like a peach; dark red in spots and light orange in others. A few other players wore hats, but by the end of the day I noticed most everybody had either taken them off or turned them around backwards.

I shot a 78, which to me felt like a solid round. I started off pretty strong, but when I finally turned around and had a few holes with a helping wind, I wasn't able to take advantage of those easier holes.

My 73 yesterday was in 29th place. The cut was low 20 and ties and after I finished, I thought I might sneak in. But nope, I did not. Friday, I'll be coming home and getting ready for my event next weekend in Eau Claire.

Have a peachy weekend,
Neil

No comments: