Thursday, July 10, 2014

Utah Championship

In my last post I talked about my plans to travel from Nova Scotia to Winnipeg to play a PGA Tour Canada event.  After talking to a couple of players, they convinced me that I had a better that 50% chance of getting into this week's event in Utah.  I changed all of my plans for Canada and made my way to Utah.  Sure enough, on Monday afternoon, I received the phone call saying I was in the field for Utah.  Good thing I was already en route.

The first round begins on Thursday and I tee off at 1pm local time (MST).  Golf Channel will have coverage all week so tune in at 6pm EST on Thursday night to see if I play my way onto TV.

I'm playing at 4400 feet of elevation and it's going to be a warm week, both of which mean the ball will go a long way.  Weird fact about this course, I will only hit 1 driver on a par-4.  Every other par-4 is a lay-up with a hybrid or a 3-wood because they all have bunkers or trees that pinch in at around 280 yards.

I'm sorry I haven't talked about last week in Nova Scotia.  It was an exhausting Sunday - 36 holes - and then a long travel day on Monday.  Hopefully I can get to it next week, recapping both Nova Scotia and Utah.

Here's a link to this week's leaderboard.


Neil

No comments: