Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm Exhausted!

It's been quite a exciting 32 hours.  Let me simply lay it all out in a timeline:


Sunday 1:25pm - Final round of tournament in Aberdeen, SD.
Sunday 5:45pm - Finished round and immediately get on road towards Omaha, NE (ate dinner in car)
Sunday 11:15pm - Reach hotel in Omaha, NE and go to bed after taking a shower

Monday 4:45am - Alarm wakes me up.
Monday 5:00am - Get back on road for final 3 hours of drive towards Lawrence, KS
Monday 8:10am - Arrive at golf course, quickly warm-up for 8:57 tee-time.
Monday 12:45pm - Battled the course for 16 holes (1-under par).
Monday 12:46pm - Headed to 17th tee when official finds me and gives me the good news.
Monday 12:46pm - Give official a celebratory bro-hug.
Monday 12:47pm - Sign scorecard and give it to the other player in my group with awkward hand shakes and goodbyes

Monday 2:00pm - Arrive at host golf course. Register, find locker, contact Caddie, contact parents.
Monday 2:30pm - Registration tells me that there is a host family that just opened up.  I jump all over it and secure some private housing for the week.
Monday 3:00pm - Head to the Titleist van and ask for a couple of new wedges with different bounces and different grinds.
Monday 4:00pm - Return to Titleist van to pick up newly assembled wedges.
Monday 4:01-6:00pm - Waiting to hear from Caddie and host family.  In the meantime, I practice a bit with new wedges and then take brief nap in locker room.
Monday 6:15pm - I finally realize that I haven't eaten anything all day.  Leave the course to get dinner.
Monday 7:00pm - Book Caddie's flight from Oregon to Kansas City for Tuesday morning.
Monday 7:30pm - Arrive at host families house and feel like it's time for bed.

32 hours
2 tournament rounds of golf (2nd one not completed though)
8 hours of driving (Aberdeen, SD to Lawrence, KS)
3 different golf courses (Aberdeen, Lawrence, Overland Park)
1 meal (dinner in the car on Sunday night)
5 hours of sleep
3 showers (to both wake up and clean up from long days out in the hot sun)
1 nap

--All adds up to just another web.com tournament.

Neil

No comments: