Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Callaway Gardens, Georgia - Egolf Fall Series

I got off to a good start in Georgia, with a 5-under 65 in round 1. Today's round was on the easier Lake View Course. The Mountain View course average nearly 2 shots harder, but that's not as big as I would've guessed. The Lakes course is 6100 yards and par 70. The Mountain Course is over 7000 yards and par 72. In regards to par, the Mountain course average .7 strokes under par and the Lakes course averaged only .57. I don't understand that, but the statistics don't lie. Maybe I will play the easier course tomorrow?

I continued my great ball striking that showed up in Nebraska. I missed two greens and two fairways in today's first round. The result of that good ball striking was a lot of birdie chances. The pin locations were difficult and these greens have a lot of tiers, which made it a challenge to hit my approach on the correct level. I had at least 6 birdie putts where I had to go up and over a tier before reaching the hole.

My second round is at 8:30 am, the first group off. The weather is perfect - no more tropical storms.

Neil

No comments: