Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PGA Q-School 1st Stage - Round 2, Pinehurst, NC

Opps. I took several giant steps backwards with today's round. Worse ballstriking than yesterday. Struggled to hit fairways and struggled to hit greens. I had a stretch from 16 - 2 where I didn't hit a single green and only hit one fairway.

This marathon is only half over and I can play two good rounds and move on, but honestly I'm going to struggle to play good rounds if I continue hitting it this poorly. It's been windy both of the first two days and that has wreaked havoc on my swing. I had a tough time choosing the right club and when my problems began on #16 I started trying to swing too hard.

I'll spend some time at the range this afternoon, trying to find my swing - but I know I can't hit it any worse than I have the first two rounds.

Neil

No comments: