Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Dakotas Tour Championship

We played 36 holes today and the final round of the 2010 Dakotas Tour will be Thursday morning. I shot even par 71 in the morning then made a nice move in the afternoon with a 5-under 66.

In the morning round the greens were extremely fast - we heard they stimped the greens at 14! Besides the speed of the greens, the pins were in difficult positions. Many of the pins were on top on mounds or placed on a knob.

In the afternoon we played with amateurs and they made the pins much more accessible, but the wind picked up. I survived the strong winds, and finished my round with 4 birdies on my last 6 holes. I started both rounds on #16.

There is a rumor that tomorrow the winds will be around 30 mph with gusts up to 50. If the winds blow anything close to that and the greens are anything close to 14 on the stimpmeter, we won't be able to play - the golf balls won't stay on the greens.

Leaderboard

Neil

No comments: