Saturday, August 07, 2010

Hillcrest Invite - Getting Caught Up

I'm six rounds behind and I'm going to do it alphabetically. Let's flashback to last Friday, July 30th:

Mitchell, SD -
Back-to-Back wins. I won last year in Mitchell, but I also won 2 straight events (Marshall and Mitchell) this year. This year in Mitchell I played lights out for 18 holes. I birdied my first hole - #6 - by making a 16 foot birdie putt. My birdies on 9, 11, 13, and 16 were all 5 foot putts or less. The real fun began on #1. I made a 40 foot birdie putt on 1, a 15 footer on 3, saved par with an 8 footer on 4. On #5, my final hole, I had an eagle putt that stayed on the lip. I tapped in for an "easy" 63.

Fox Run -
Fox Run is one of the easiest courses we play on the Dakotas Tour. It's wide open and they put a lot of the pins in the middle of the greens. My 69 on day 1 was not good. I played in the morning with very little wind and needed to shoot somewhere in the mid-60's. Day 2, I had to battle some wind but played much better. A 6-under 66 put me in a tie for 5th.

Hillcrest GC - (1st 3 rounds)
It's been a great first 3 days at Hillcrest. I've made a lot or birdies/eagles. Both of my eagles have come on #5.

The hole plays about 340 yards when you caught off the dogleg. On day 1, I had a little helping wind. I drove it on the green and made a 15 footer for eagle. On day 2, it was into the wind. I drove it left of the green and had about 52 yards to the hole. I flopped it over a tree, landed it just onto the green, and it just trickled in.

My scores for the first 3 days have earned me some funny money. Each day, this event pays out a little money to the daily low pro scores. I tied for the low round on day 1, then tied for 3rd on day 2. My pro-am team played great on day 2, so I won more funny money there.

Sunday is the final round. Pros begin playing around 1pm. I'll twitter results, but you can also follow them here.

Neil

No comments: