Friday, July 31, 2009

Nice Victory (& Payday)

I finally won a Dakotas Tour event. Coincidentally, it happened to be the biggest one day payout on tour. $4000 for 5 hours of work. That's what lawyers charge per hour.

My round got off to a great start - a chip in on the 229 yard par 3. I shot one-under on the front nine with one more birdie and one bogey. My last nine holes is where I really did my damage. I made 6 birdies on the last nine holes (and one more bogey).

Everything was working well today - obvious statement. My driver, irons, and short game was great. But my putting and wedge game really made the difference. Only 25 putts on the day, with a three putt.

My team finished 2nd so I won another $95 with that game. Great day!

Summer schedule has been UPDATED

Neil

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE! congrats on the W and the payday!

-Jerry Rossi

Anonymous said...

Nice job Neil!

-pk

Scott said...

Congrats Neil, it was only a matter of time. I am guessing your college eligibility is up...? Keep up the good work, fun to follow you.

Brad Johnson said...

Congratulations Neil! It seems like you are playing some really solid golf this year. Nice job!

Jonah said...

Congrats Neil! You shouldn't stop now. In fact, I say you do a Joe Mauer and "Pour it on." ;) See you in PR soon.

Jonah