Monday, August 23, 2010

Wisconsin State Open

Bad start, but it happened because of my bad attitude. I don't play golf well when I'm angry and frustrated, which I was during most of today's round. I'll need to have a better attitude tomorrow, but luckily I have 3 more rounds to catch up and get back into contention.

Unfortunately the course we're playing this year is not in very good shape. Severe floods tore through Milwaukee about a month ago and this golf course got hit hard. I heard that they completely lost the 17th green - it washed away with the floods! They have since re-sodded, but the green isn't much better than putting on a fairway. The rest of the course shows signs up over-saturation. Many fairways are scattered with brown spots and dead areas - ground under repair is somewhere on almost every hole. Everybody is playing the same course and under the same conditions, but it's disappointing to see mother nature still affecting this course weeks later.

Leaderboard

Neil

No comments: