Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nebraska State Open - End of Rd 1 & Rd 2

Played the last 4 holes of round 1 early this morning. Birdied my first hole, a par 5 - but I gave it back 2 holes later with a bogey on a par 3. Finished at 2-under, 69. However, you can see how easy scoring was since I was tied for 30th after round 1. I played pretty good too. I had to grind out a lot of pars in the rain and had to deal with greens that had inconsistent speeds. Regardless, I finished 2-under and got some great scoring conditions for round 2.

In round 2 I made 7 birdies - and 2 bogies - for a 5-under 66. I think I played well, but got outplayed by one player in my group. Trent Peterson also made 7 birdies, but had no bogies for a 64. He managed an even par 71 in round 1 and now finds himself at 7-under, tied with me. Between the two of us we birdie 12 of the 18 holes in round 2, including a birdie stretch from #15 - #2.

I'll post results later tonight when they're put online.

** UPDATE ** Here are results.

After the final round on Sunday, I'll be on the road so watch my twitter page for an update.


Neil

No comments: