Sunday, September 13, 2009

Final Round in Nebraska

Shot a second consecutive 66, which once again included 7 birdies and 2 bogies. I finished alone in 10th.

I love making 7 birdies in a round - and 19 through 3 rounds, but I very easily could've been bogey free in the final round. Both of my bogies came on three putts. I had two other three putts that came on par 5's that I reached in two shots.

I'll make the excuse that the greens were much faster today than in the first two rounds, and the pins were on some difficult slopes. However, 4 three putts is obvious that I didn't adjust to the quicker greens.

I did hit my wedges really well today. On the first hole, from 73 yards I hit a sand wedge to 1 foot. On #5, my drive went into the trees so I had to punch out. I then hit my sand wedge to 2 feet and saved par. Another good wedge on #7, from 70 yards - in the rough - to 8 feet.

One interesting note - I played the final round with Ryan Quinn. He shot a 69 on Sunday, with 16 pars and 2 birdies. After the round he told me that he made ZERO bogies all weekend! That is amazing. I had 7 bogies, and he had 54 pars or better. I've only had one round this summer without a bogey, but nothing close to an entire tournament.

Summer schedule has been ** UPDATED **

Neil

No comments: