Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Williston, CVGA Win, & WI State Open

I shot another 71 in Williston and finished t-10th. I hit the ball great on day 2, but had an off day putting. Ended up with 36 putts and 35 shots! Pretty tough to hit the ball fewer times than you putt it.

On Sunday I won my 2nd CVGA event of the year. I shot a 5 under 67 at Princeton Valley in Eau Claire. Three putted the first hole for bogey, then went on to make 6 birdies and no more bogies. Was in control most of the day. Unfortunately I only won $162, but it's nice to play well in an event that I should win.

Monday and Tuesday were the first two days of the WI State Open. It hasn't been pretty or very sharp, but I'm in 15th place with a 73-71. I'm 7 shots back, but with only half of the tournament done there is a lot that can be done on Wednesday.

Live scoring exists, so if you're at work, check it out.

Live Scoring

Neil

No comments: