Sunday, August 10, 2008

Final Round in Rapid City

I shot a final round 65 at Arrowhead CC in Rapid City. I finished in 5th place and also picked up an extra $1000 for having the low round of the day. I shot 2-under 34 on the front nine and then made 4 birdies on the back to shot a 31.

If there ever was a stress free 65, Saturday's round was it. I actually had 32 putts and still shot 65! I only missed one green all day and managed to hit 3 of the par fives in two shots. That means my ball-striking was nearly perfect. 32 putts and 33 swings is an odd way to shoot 65, but I'll take it.

Now I travel to western North Dakota - near Montana and Canada.

Neil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great round, Neil. Do you wake up and say "Sunday Fun day?" You're gonna get a new nickname for all these deep red final rounds. An early contender is "The Offering Plate" for your last day collections.

Jonah