Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Group Like I've Never Played In

Let me begin with some basics - I hit last on 12 of the 18 tee boxes during the round. And until I made the last putt on 18, I had the worst score in my group.




What did I shoot? - 64

The other two guys shot 63 and 65. We had 23 birdies and 2 eagles between the three of us (I had both of the eagles). Mr. 63 had one bogey and Mr. 65 had two bogies (plus a penalty stroke - where he still made par).

As a group we all birdied 1, 7, and we played 13 4-under. I shot 33 on the front nine and was losing by 2 shots to both players. Amazingly, we all pared 10, 11, and 12. But those three holes and number 2 were the only 4 holes during the entire round that our group didn't have at least one birdie on a hole.

Second round is Thursday morning and I'll play with the same two guys. The toughest thing about tomorrow will be bouncing back after a low round. It is often difficult to play well the next day - you're expecting things to be just as easy as the previous day. I'm going into the day knowing about this hurdle so hopefully I can play another great round.


Neil

No comments: