Friday, September 28, 2012

Canadian Tour Q-School Final Results


Canadian Tour Q-School is done and I finished in 2nd place, which is plenty good enough to fully exempt status on the 2013 Tour. I had to finish top-15 to earn my card, and that fell at +3, 291 - I was -10, 278.

What I'm most proud of for the tournament was only making 6 bogies. I had 3 the first day when the wind was blowing 20 mph and gusting up to 30. During the 3rd round, I was stuck in a funky mood early in the day and the extremely slow play didn't help my attitude. I fought through that front nine and started playing much better on the back nine - I just wasn't able to make any putts

Today's final round got off to a great start, birdies on 1, 2, and 4. I birdied the 7th and 8th to pull into a tie with the leader, but he quickly regained his lead with a great birdie on #9. I tried to stay focused on the back nine, but an awful 3-putt on #11 shook my determination. The rest of the round I was on cruise control.

Canadian Tour events won't start until June of 2013, but at least I've got options for next year. Now I have to start raising money so I can play the tour. Travel expenses are much higher than Dakotas Tour or anything else I've played before.

Neil

1 comment:

Brad Johnson said...

Great tournament, Neil! What a great achievement! Congratulations!!!