Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rock Barn - Round 2


Today's second round started with a wonderful birdie on #10. I was in the fairway bunker and hit a great shot to 10 feet. I gave that birdie right back with a bogey on #11 and then found more trouble when my errant approach on #12 buried into the lip of a bunker. I had to take an unplayable and made a double bogey. The next two holes, I failed to hit the green and scrambled for pars. Needless to say, my round was off to a shaky start, but things quickly changed on #15.

I birdied #15 and #16 and went on a stretch of 12 straight greens hit in regulation - and that includes having an eagle putt on #18 and on #7. After that shaky start, I only missed one more green and that was on my final hole, #9.

Round 3 is tomorrow and then the final round is Saturday. It's nice to be playing a 4 round tournament because 3 round tournaments (like on the Gateway Tour) are much more of a sprint. I still have half of the tournament to make a move and continue making as many birdies as I can.

Leaderboard

Neil

No comments: