Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Marshall - Second Round

Played early Tuesday morning, but it wasn't early enough to beat the wind. It was blowin' about 20 mph when I teed off at 9:50 and stayed that windy all day.

I hit the ball very solid and was able to control the ball into the wind or with the wind. Finished with a 2-under 69, 33 on the front and a 36 on the back.

My lag putting was good today and it was tested. I had 30 feet on #4 and #5, then again on #9 - all of them basically tap ins for par.

My only mistake of the day came on 14 (which was my only bogey in round 1). I hit a 3-wood up the left side and it came to rest directly behind a tree. I thought about hitting a herculean shot, but decided to play safe and chip out. After hitting my third shot onto the green I got a little overzealous with the putt and ran it by 6 feet. I missed the come-backer and made a double bogey 6.

Besides my double on 14, I had 13 pars and 4 birdies.

I'm one shot back of the leader with the final round on Wednesday morning.

Neil

No comments: